Thursday, August 20, 2009

Big Changes!

So...Tom's family lives down this rural road in Lakeside. They have this community/family compound situation. As a family they own dozens of acres out in the country. They all live in separate houses and own separate pieces of land but the land is joined in one big chunk. About a year ago, Tom and I decided we wanted to eventually move out there and raise our children.

Well, as fate has it eventually became NOW. Tom's mom has been in search of an investment house ever since housing prices dropped. Instead, she found a GORGEOUS house along with a granny flat atop 6 acres just went up for sale down that road. It boarders the property alongside Tom's aunt, uncle, and young cousins.

The timing couldn't be worse for us. We would loose so much money on our current home if we were to sell it now. I am not contributing anything financially because I'm about to enter the Teaching Credential Program at SDSU. We also have spent a good portion of our savings thinking all we had to worry about was our current mortgage.

Fortunately, the whole family is so excited about getting us out there that several family members (especially Tom's mom and step dad) are going WAY out of their way to help us. Our good friends are going to rent our current house for a while and we'll have to find renters for the family compound. As soon as I find a teaching job and the market looks good enough for us to sell our house we'll be back on our feet!

However, with all of these big changes I doubt I'll be doing any gardening projects for a while. When I do, they'll be amazing! I have so many ideas for the new place already! I do feel sad to leave so many of the things I've done in our current house, though. I also feel sad that I didn't get to see many of the projects I had planned pan out. But...no looking back. I'm looking forward to the crazy hectic future!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! How exciting! I'm sure a big factor in your decision was how close you'll now be to Greg and I:) Hooray!

    ReplyDelete