I left some of my seedlings out in the cold and rain. Unfortunately, out of all the rainbow chard planted, only a little over a handful of the seedlings are still alive :( "Bad Seedling Mommy". I also lost quite a few broccoli seedlings to insects....again, due to a bit of neglect. I really need to make some of that organic insect repellent! I never did. AND I knocked over my herb seeds (spearmint and thyme), so I re-sowed some new ones last night.
So.....note to self: take seedlings in at night and spray for bugs!
On a positive note, The brussel sprouts and kale seedlings are doing just fine. I also just had some of the tomatoes sprout in the last couple of days.
Everything up in the big veggie patch (carrots, buttercrunch lettuce, garlic, beets, broccoli, spinach) is doing just fine. They all loved the recent downpour and have been tolerating overnight frost really well. Now I just need to weed and spray for good measure!
I won't be doing any sowing for the next week because Tom and I leave for Kauai on MONDAY!!!!! Horaaaaay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment